Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tall Accomodations.

I recently wrote an article for my law review (I'm a law student) which is going to be published next fall. I'm very excited about the article, but for my first-ever publication I kind of wish I'd picked a topic I cared more about before I wrote the article. I've been thinking about the possibility of writing an article on height discrimination. But I want it to be legitimate and not to seem like a joke.

Anyway, so I also recently started working at a big law firm. I'm a summer associate, and I noticed the furniture in my office, while extremely nice, does not fit me well. I emailed my coordinator to ask if I were to come back permanently AFTER law school if it would be possible to lift the desk up a bit so it would fit me better. This led to the support staff instantly coming to my office, trying to see what they could do to help, and ultimately moving me to a new office where they were able to put the desk up on a little bit of a platform which made a HUGE difference. Also, I ended up with a much bigger office and a much bigger window out of the deal :) As it turns out, there are several really tall guys in my summer class as well, so the support staff has been going around asking them if they need to move too. It's nice to be accommodated for once!

No comments: