Monday, May 5, 2008

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!

I sadly wear between a women's 13 and 14 depending on the shoe. I say sadly because, although people tell me that is proportionate (for being a 6'4" woman) I know girls really close to my height who wear reasonable sized 11s and 12s. While 11s and 12s are still not as easy to find as a 9, they are definitely a LOT easier to find than a cute shoe in a 13 or 14.

But anyway, enough coveting of my fellow tall female friends' feet, and on with some resources where I've been able to find shoes up to size 14 that were actually wearable ;)

#1) Nordstrom Rack. If you have one near you, check it out! The one near me just started carrying 14s too! (all the other ones previously just carried up to size 13, so if you wear a 13 or lower, you're in luck!). You have to check back a lot because sometimes all the shoes are hideous and other times you want to buy the entire rack! :) Also, Nordstrom.com carries up to size 14 I think, and sometimes in the stores you can get lucky with shoes in a 12-13 available in store. It's more like you have to say "can you bring me every black shoe in a 13?" and then see if there is anything you like. They'll only bring out like 3-5 pairs ;)

#2) Zappos.com. Pretty big selection. Like Nordstrom Rack, to me it seems to vary a lot so you have to check back often for cute shoes... But they go up past a 14 in womens! :)

#3) Barefoottess.com. I have yet to purchase shoes from here, but they have a great selection for 12s/13s/14s :) I've heard other people used the sight and loved it, so I'm anxious to try it out!

#4) Payless Shoes. If you only wear up to a 12 (and sometimes 13), Payless Shoes has a pretty big selection in those sizes. They used to only have ugly shoes in my size back when I wore a 12. Now that I'm up to a 13/14 it seems their 12 collection is as cute as the other sizes. Also, I'm pretty sure they carry 13s online and will deliver to any store for free! :)

That's about it for my resources. Comment and let me know if you have more!

Sorry my posts have been lacking. I'm currently in my last finals of my 2nd year of law school.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A side note on Nordstrom Rack:

They have special Large Size Shoe Events, where they truck in a bunch of extra shoes in 10.5 and up (13 and up for guys).

In Chicago, it used to be every 6 months, but now it's more often. A nice event to keep tabs on if you live close to, but not in, a city with a Nordstrom Rack.

And everyone shopping that day is extra tall, which is fun even if you don't find anything.

Unknown said...

So I just checked out barefoottess.com, and while they have a GREAT selection of cute shoes, they aren't cheap! The Rack would have better prices. :) Love ya Shell!

Michelle (so far it's just me) said...

I'm going to the big shoe event today! :)

SHOEGAL said...

Hi there
I have just found your blog through one of the Tall groups on Facebook. It's fab!

I'm in the UK and I know longtallsally.com and tallgirls.co.uk both ship to the US. Long Tall Sally has shoes up to a UK 11 (US13) and Tall Girls has some styles up to a UK 12 (US14). I hope that's helpful to you.

I don't envy you at 6'4", I thought I was pretty tall at 5'11". Check out my blog, I'm trying to do the same as you really for the UK. And I do love my shoes even though I'm only a US 11 but they're hard enough to come by in the UK.
Fi

Michelle (so far it's just me) said...

I'm moving to the UK soon--- for four months, august to december! :)