Sunday, March 30, 2008

Us Tall Girls Stick Together.

Yesterday I was shopping at the mall, and I went into Gap and a very tall woman was working the fitting room area. I was only trying on tops (because Gap doesn't carry extra talls in-store), and she asked me if I wanted to try on any jeans, because whenever tall girls return tall jeans that they ordered online, she keeps them in the back room for her tall shoppers. Sadly, the one pair she had in my size didn't work for me, but I thought it was so great of her to do that!

I've heard of other tall girls who make friends with a sales person at other stores which carry talls online, but not instore. Then, that gives you the opportunity to try things on in-store and not have to pay shipping (or worry about returning it when it turns out the item doesn't fit). Then, the person gives them a call whenever something in their size gets returned. I need to make some of these connections!!

On an unpositive clothes-related note, I tried on several skirts yesterday and remembered I can't buy skirts from regular stores :( Skirts that are meant to be below the knee are just above the knee... skirts that are meant to be just above the knee are mini-skirts... UGG! I like myself (professionally speaking) much better in skirts than in pants. But skirts are SO hard to find at the right length! Even at Tall Girl (which carries professional clothes), they don't carry many skirts, because apparently most women wear pantsuits these days. Is it so unheard of as a female professional to want to mix it up now and then and wear a skirt?

No comments: