Thursday, March 27, 2008

Here We Go!

So, I read an essay on NYTimes.com called Life as a Tall Girl by Becky Thomas. It's exciting, as a tall female, to finally see what you go through being recognized in such a big way (no pun intended).
Anyway, this reminded me of the blog I originally started a few years ago that I planned to use to talk about my experiences as a 6'4" female, and to share resources with other tall women (and hopefully have other tall women contribute their own resources as well ie places to find long pants and larger shoes sizes, for starters). Sadly, I got wrapped up in graduate school and forgot all about that blog.

So here I am. Fresh start. New blog. I plan to add a few other tall super tall, gorgeous females I know to contribute. I need other posters to keep this thing from lapsing :)

To all the tall ladies out there who will hopefully happen upon this blog, you are not even close to alone!

-Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I found your post on tallchicksrock! I just had to join, because although I'm only 6'0, I still share your pain. So, good luck with this blog and I definitely bookmarked the page!!

Margaret Owens said...

haha, great blog I am only 6'0 also but I use to date a guy 5'4. Blog bookmark. I wish you could could friend this like LJ (can you?).

Michelle (so far it's just me) said...

I'm not sure how the friend thing works on this... I might end up switching it to another blog location that would be easier for that kind of thing.... and tagging. I just know that this type of blog seems to be a little more accessible to people who don't have their own blogs (on live journal it seems more difficult for people who don't have their own blogs).