Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tall Women Updates.

Again, I have completely abandoned this blog. I have had the desire to write a book or make a blog for tall women for sooooo long, and I've just been so busy with 7 years of post-high school education plus working, that I always start something I can't seem to keep up with or finish.

On the tall book note, there is a book out by a tall woman (6'3" I think?) called The Tall Book: A Celebration of Life From on High by Arianne Cohen (available on Amazon for $13.60+tax). I recently ordered it and while it's had great reviews from fellow tall women, and I'm excited to read it, I'll admit I feel slightly disappointed because I've always wanted to write such a book and it appears Arianne has beat me to it.

On a somewhat similar note, I saw the movie Julie & Julia last week which I LOVED. Julia Child was 6'2" and there are many height references in the movie which made it a little extra amusing for me. They had to go through great lengths (pun sort of intended) to make Meryl Streep appear tall in the movie. She frequently wore very high heels, stood on boxes, and they cast only short people in street scenes to make her seem taller than she is. Meryl Streep did an outstanding job, but I can't help but wish there were actually really tall female actors (aside from Uma Thurman who I really don't think could have pulled it off) to play such roles.

Lastly, I've been kicking around the idea of starting a NEW tall blog. I have a niece who is bound to be very tall like myself (she's currently not quite 3 years old) and several young girls in my life who look like they're going to be pretty tall as well. I've been kicking around the idea lately of writing a blog and/or book "for" my niece, but also for the benefit of other young girls who are destined to be tall (and maybe even not so young girls), about embracing their height as a beautiful thing, and embracing their femininity despite such a non-characterstic quality of being tall as a woman.

Then I thought of this blog, and I'm not sure if I should just transform a new one or start this one. I'll keep thinking about it....

No comments: