Friday, July 11, 2008

Tall Perks.

I've decided to make a post about some of the things I consider to be perks about being tall (in the midst of all of the things that many people consider to be "negative" things about being tall or just difficult).

  • Seeing over crowds (this is especially helpful when needing to find exits, bathrooms, specific people, tables, standing at concerts, etc.)
  • Being able to breathe over crowds (although "heat rises" I've noticed that in crowded situations the air is significantly less hot and sweaty up around my face... I love breathing in the fresh air up there ;))
  • People always remember me (of course, this can be a blessing and a curse).
  • Reaching top shelves, and clothing in stores that is hanging up out of an average person's reach... no need to wait for assistance!
  • I can walk a lot faster because I have much longer legs (this is especially nice in airports when I'm in a hurry)
  • Conversation starter- I never have to figure out something to say to complete strangers, they almost always start the conversation asking about my height. While some people may consider this annoying, I think it saves me a lot of work ;)
  • Attention. Sometimes it's nice :)
  • Occassional other special perks. For example, when I was in DC trying to look at the constitution, the guard told me to come over to her and asked the other people to get out of the way. I thought I was in trouble but she just wanted to ask me how tall I am and whether I'm a model.... and I got a nice clear view of the Constitution :)

No comments: